Today was intersting…we’ll talk more about that in a minute. As Pearce pointed out in the last post there are a lot of pluses that we are each noticing about the way we feel and look while eating Paleo. I’m going to keep it short, but feel I have more mental clarity, I’m having less up and downs in terms of my mood and I’m also feel really good in my body.
That being said, my body and I didn’t get along today. I haven’t eaten a banana in over 10 years and like any allergy/intolerance I assumed I would eventually grow out of it. I did not. So I spent a little over 6 hours wanting to curl up into the fetal position because my stomach hurt so much. Not to worry though, because I’m feeling better (thank you Benadryl!) AND I made this awesome mug cake…I was craving chocolate.
This cake is loosely adapted from OMG Paleo: http://paleomg.com/paleo-chocolate-cake-in-a-mug/. The version I’d made is a little more brownie tasting, but still has a cake-y texture. This will definitely be my go to for a chocolate fix.
For those of you who don’t know I’m currently directing a play, so my last 2 weeks of paleo are going to be a little boring on the recipe side, but I’ll try and keep the reading interesting and if nothing else I’ll just make more cake mugs!
- 2 teaspoons Coconut flour (plus 2 extra dashes, I didn’t measure…sorry!
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate almond milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) sunflower butter (I’m sure any nut butter would work)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Put all ingredients into mug
- Stir together and add coconut flour until you get the desired consistency (a touch thicker than pancake batter is what you’re after)
- Place in microwave for 2 minutes (mine only took about 1:40 sec)
- EAT IT! NOM NOM NOM
Have a happy Tuesday everyone!